Sunday, October 31, 2010

Family visit and more....

Sorry for the lapse in time since our last post. It's been from a combination of busyness and procrastination. :) So a few weeks ago now my parents came to visit. We had a blast showing them around the Sandpoint area. We hiked to some waterfalls, ate at a lot of great restaurants, and toured Coeur d' Alene. That was the most social interaction we've had since moving here...haha. The only thing that could've made their trip better was having Kara's parents here too!





Our jobs continue to be going well. I'm starting to get a bit more comfortable with my job. My sales territory has now expanded to the entire U.S. and my knowledge of the industry is expanding. I'm finding the sales cycle to be a lot longer in the software arena vs. what I'm used to in the transportation industry ;). Patience is not a virtue I possess... I do have a lot of projects on the table right now, but they seem to be taking forever to come to a close. Last week Kara and I made Chili and I brought some for everyone at my work. It has been great to start building deeper relationships there. I think that's how this whole "travel experience" will work, once we start developing friendship we'll be moving on to our next location. That bums me out in a way, but I know that is we signed up for.


Kara is still enjoying work. She cares so much about her patients, and I know she is a bright light in their world. She is also growing closer with her co-workers. She still comes home with stories of how much food everyone brings each day, now including her, and it's sort of the running joke between us. We're not sure where we will be going next, but are open to wherever.

The craziest thing happened this week. We got 12" of SNOW!!!! It was super crazy. Lets just say that was not the best day. We had to get towed up the mountain and had to dig out our van from being parked in the resort parking lot. The whole time this was happening on Schweitzer mountain, the city of Sandpoint wasn't seeing a single snow flake! Needless to say we now have new tires, chains, a tow rope, sand bags in the back of the van, and a snow shovel. Thank you Wal-Mart! Since then, the snow has mostly melted and we are seeing mostly rain and clouds.



We didn't really do much this weekend for Halloween. Kara had to dress up for work on Friday so I got out of having to dress up with her over the weekend. :) We are starting to meet more people through church, work, and other things, but it's hard to actually form friendships when you only see people an hour or so during the week, and when we don't live in an area where we can host people easily. It's crazy that over half of our time is already up here and that we only have 6 weeks left! So far we'd rate our time here as a 7/10 and we're excited to see what the next 6 weeks have in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment